Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"Queen of Babble Gets Hitched" by Meg Cabot
Finished: July 27, 2009
Page Count: 277

Why I read it:
I love Meg Cabot books (not the Princess Diaries or 1-800 series though). The Queen of Babble series has been fun to read but not my favorite. This book was the final in the trilogy and has been sitting on my bookshelf at home since January. Since I had no books from the library, I decided to finally read this one. I ended up finishing 3/4 of it in 2 hours (between 11 pm and 1 am today) because I got hooked.

Booklist Synopsis:
Lizzie Nichols should be the happiest girl in the universe. The phone has been ringing off the hook ever since a wedding gown she restored appeared in the New York Times. Her wealthy ex-boyfriend, Luke de Villier, has decided their breakup was a mistake and has finally proposed. But Lizzie made the mistake of sleeping with Chaz, Luke’s best friend, during the brief hiatus in her relationship with Luke, and now she spends more time thinking about Chaz than her fiancĂ©. In addition to an angst-ridden heroine and a loyal, waiting-in-the-wings hero, Cabot’s novel is filled with unforgettable, quirky characters. There’s Lizzie’s bad-mouthed, cooking sherry–guzzling granny; a spoiled, self-centered fiancĂ©; a best friend who is a newly outed lesbian; and a high-strung assistant. Celebrities demanding a Lizzie Nichols’ creation include a familiar, gum-popping, red-carpet regular always accompanied by her shivering Chihuahua and bodyguard.

What I thought:
I'm glad I finally read the book as it did not disappoint. I enjoyed one love story more than the other and was pleased when I got the ending that I more or less wanted. There were parts of the book though that I had to skim because Lizzie was acting really stupid and bothering me. I cannot finish the "Shopaholic" series because the main character does stupid things and it really drives me nuts. I had my moments with Lizzie in this book but got over it and moved on.

I think this book was especially helpful because it has wedding history and tips for planning. That's great since Allison, one of my 3 best friends, just got engaged yesterday and I'm helping to plan the wedding. Maybe that's why I was so determined to finish fast... I was just excited!

No comments: